- A PhD student or post-doc?
- Working in an area of research related to musculoskeletal conditions?
- Interested in sharing your insights with designers and young people living with these conditions?
- Able to travel to Manchester (reasonable expenses will be covered)?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for early career researchers to get involved in our project. You will work with young patients and designers to develop products inspired by the problems faced by young people living with musculoskeletal conditions.The final designs, along with the story of the development process will be curated into an exhibition to be displayed in a number of venues around Manchester in November.
As part of the project, you will be expected to:
- Attend at least 2 of the 3 workshops between researchers, patients and designers in Manchester (on Fri 12th August 11am-2pm, Sat 27th Aug 1-4pm, and either 1st or 8th Oct, date tbc)
- Interact with designers and patients online between the workshops, where appropriate.
- Support the online promotion of the project and contribute to the documentation of the development e.g.by creating a guest blog, images, comments, videos.
- Contribute towards the evaluation of the project.
- You will also be invited to attend the launch event of the exhibition which will be held on an evening during November – exact date and time TBC.
We expect the project to require around a week of your time, between now and the exhibition (although more input would be welcome).
If you would like to register your interest to take part in the project, please send a brief summary of your motivations to participate in no more than 250 words alongside a photograph that describes your research or your interest in musculoskeletal conditions. Submit your summaries and any queries via e-mail to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 8th August.